Factory General Manager
Role: Driving Factories to the Client’s Global Standards and lead operational resources to ensure capabilities are in place to deliver against the business strategy.
About Our Client
Our client is a worldwide leader in the biscuits manufacturing that provides iconic brands around the world. We are seeking an ultra-motivated Factory General Manager to join their Romanian team. The successful candidate will be responsible of managing the strategic delivery of operational activities to ensure that Romania consistently meets the needs of the commercial team.
- The Factory General Manager will primarily be responsible of assuring the smooth operation of the 300+ person facility and leading the Romania’s team operational performance against all business KPIs;
- As a key member of the Client Supply Chain Exec you will ensure Tactical and Strategic delivery with regards to: Budget Planning & Delivery, Capability & Capacity Development, Strategic Planning, Culture Development, Supply Chain Excellence and Customer Service Excellence;
- Areas of responsibility: Manufacturing, Engineering, Procurement, Compliance (Quality, Health, Safety, Environment, Business continuity), Projects, Supply Chain Excellence, Imported Goods, Route to Market/Logistics, Customer Service.;
- Drive implementation of Supply Chain Excellence Tools and Techniques;
- Working closely with P2M/Marketing;
- Continuously improve operating cost and benchmark this versus local and international competitors;
- Translate Romania Growth plans into Capex requirements and drive the implementation;
- Procurement strategy delivery sourcing stable, high quality and cost efficient direct and indirect materials and services using aligned to a group global procurement strategy;
- Customer Service an extreme focus for the Romania team;
- Compliance to local and International standards;
- M&A Operations leadership in Region;
- Making culture a competitive edge in Romania with Client’s culture.
- Degree or equivalent in Engineering/Business;
- More than 10 Years Experience in FMCG, multinational or international environment;
- Transitional Leadership experience in emerging markets linked to M&A, will be an advantage;
- Operational/Engineering Leadership Experience in a large FMCG environment;
- Experience in delivering large people change projects;
- Experience in large capital project delivery;
- Experience of working in a multicultural environment;
- English fluently;
- Fully conversant with modern manufacturing methodologies and systems planning i.e. Lean, Six Sigma, Lean /Six Sigma Qualified, (Green Belt or above Six Sigma is an advantage)
- Project Management e.g Prince 2 and track record of improving performance and effectiveness (OEE), Capex procurement;
- Supplier Relationship Management;
- Honesty, performance Mentality and Leadership Style with good communication and influencing skills;
- Commitment and Resilience with a positive Attitude/Optimism;
- Lateral/Creative thinking;
- Strong Organisational skills with good cultural awareness and Confidence;
- Great Presentation skills;
With a culture that focuses on performance, the company places strong emphasis on challenging transition to its standards of excellence, thereby fostering an environment that is dynamic, and rewarding to work in.
An attractive remuneration package is on offer for the right person.
Contact Laurentiu Lazar on 0723.330.544 or at firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the job reference.